INFORMATION FOR GUEST
The local autority Unione Comuni Garfagnana, with the decision n. 100 of the 13 November 2017, has established the Tourist tax accommodation, in effect from 1st January 2018.
What is the tourist tax?
The tourist tax – disciplined by the art. 4 of the Legislative Decree n.23 of the 14 March 2011 – is a tax that has to be paid by all the guests of any accommodation facility of the municipalities of Garfagnana destined by Unione Comuni to improve tourism in the valley.
Who pays the tourist tax?
All guests staying overnight in any accommodation facility (up to a maximum of 5 consecutive nights and who are not residents of the municipalities of Garfagnana valley).
All types of accommodation euro 1,00 For night/person
(from 1 st of May to 30th September)
All types of accommodation euro 0,50 For night/person
(from 1 st of October to 30th April)
The exemptions provided by the art. n. 7 of the Regulation for tourist tax’s application are the following:
1. Children, under 14 years of age
2. Tourist bus drivers and tour guides (exemption is foreseen for bus drivers and tourist guides, one of each for every 15 guests)
3. Accompanying people of patients admitted to health care facilities
4. Accompanying people of a disabled person
5. The employees of the accommodation facility
6. Stay due to measures adopted by public authorities
7. off-site workers with a self-certification
The reductions provided by the art. n. 7 of the Regulation for tourist tax’s application are 50% off for:
a) For students and their accompanying persons who stay in the facilities for organized school trips, masters or training internships
b) for those staying in October, November, December, January, February, March and April.